Download Our Consignor Contract
We greatly value our consignors and want to make it fast and simple to complete the consignor process and get your items in our store and sold. Our philosophy is to sell quality tack at an affordable price in a short amount of time. This keeps our customers coming back and in turn helps you as the consignor to turn your unused tack into money in a timely manner.
Guidelines for Consignment
- Best Time to Consign: Consignments are preferred Wednesday through Saturday and on Monday and Tuesday by appointment only.
- Item Condition: All items should be in very good to excellent condition. Only bring things that you would feel comfortable putting on your own horse. Items must be clean, laundered and wrinkle free. Nothing accepted with stains, tears or missing pieces.
- Blankets: Blankets must be appropriate heaviness for the upcoming season (heavy in winter, fly sheets in summer) and laundered with all straps. No tears or holes please.
- Leather Tack: Leather items should be free of mildew and dry rot.
- Helmets: Helmets only being accepted if new with tags due to safety concerns.
- Boots: Boots should be newer in style and polished with working zippers. Soles should be free of mud and in excellent condition. Any out of style boots that are brought in will be priced to sell at $5.00.
- Saddles: Saddles should have all conchos, stirrups, hobbles in tact and in safe condition. Parade, vintage and saddles with tapaderos are not being accepted at this time as we have found that these do not sell. Also, any saddles with no maker mark will be priced at a maximum of $300. Further, the minimum store commission will be $75, to cover the cost of processing and marketing.
- Misc: All items brought in at a value of $2 or less will be considered a donation as the cost of processing these items exceeds the value.
- Initial Selling Price of an item is determined by Tack Solutions. A buyer’s fee of $1.00, which is not split with the consignor, may be added to the price tag of each item. This fee is passed on to the buyer and will not be reflected on your inventory list.
- Items Not Selected will need to be picked up within 2 business days of being notified by Tack Solutions or the items will become a donation.
- Remember, as a consignor, this is your store. We take pride in showcasing your items and want to present them in the best way possible. Please let us know what we are doing well and what we can do better. We appreciate you liking us on face book and spreading the word about our store at the barn and with other horse lovers you come in contact with. It helps us and helps you.
Contracts are for 6 month's and must be renewed on your renewal date. You are given a 30 day grace period to renew or pick up your items. This is a great time to reduce or modify prices and marketing plans moving forward as our goal is to have items sold to make room for new. Items not picked up and/or contacts not RENEWED within the Renewal Period become store property and may be donated or remain on the sales floor at a discounted rate. Items sold after the expiration date may not be credited to the consignor's account.
Annual Consignment Fee of $5.00 is automatically deducted from your account each January. If you are a new consignor with us and it is at the end of the year, you will get a $5 fee at the time of consigning and again in January.
30 Day Minimum: Once your item(s) are accepted and prices are approved by you, you must leave your item(s) with Tack Solutions for at least 30 days or there is a $1 fee on each item you pick up.